- Detroit College of Law, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1979
- Class Vice President, Class Representative to Student Senate
- University of Dayton, Dayton, OH, B.S., Business Administration, 1973
- Michigan State University, Lansing, MI, 1973
- Insurance Class for Agents License
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1979
- Senior Status
- t: 248.746.2716
- f: 248.746.2848
John M. Simmerer is a trial attorney with more than 40 years of experience litigating insurance matters in Michigan. He is a former licensed Michigan Insurance Solicitor and is particularly qualified in insurance coverage disputes and insurance agents' errors and omissions (E&O) law.
John advises and represents clients in litigation relating to a wide variety of insurance defense matters, including insurance agents E&O defense, coverage and insurance contract interpretation, as well as matters involving premises liability, auto negligence/no-fault, construction and product liability. He also handles cases of professional liability for architects, engineers and attorneys.
John is a former petty officer with the U.S. Navy Seabees. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Michigan Bar Association and the Macomb County Bar Association. He was selected in 2010 as a “Top Lawyer” by Dbusiness magazine and he was listed in “Detroit’s Best Lawyers,” 2013 Edition. John also has been awarded and maintains the Martindale AV rating, the highest rating available.
News & Insights
- November 5, 2021
- EIGHT SULLIVAN, WARD, ASHER & PATTON, P.C. LAWYERS RECOGNIZED IN THE 2019 EDITION OF THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA©Southfield MIAugust 15, 2018
- EIGHT SULLIVAN, WARD, ASHER & PATTON, P.C. LAWYERS RECOGNIZED IN THE 2018 EDITION OF THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA©Southfield, Ml, USA –November, 2017
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TWENTY-FIVE SULLIVAN WARD ASHER & PATTON ATTORNEYS THAT ARE LISTED IN THE LEADING LAWYERS MAGAZINE, MICHIGAN EDITIONJuly 2017
Professional & Community Affiliations
Member of the State Bar District I Character & Fitness Committee since 2011-2016