- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1999
- Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, B.S., 1995, summa cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- Michigan, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2000
- t: 248.746.2718
- f: 248.746.2841
Nicole K. Nugent is an experienced trial attorney with over 20 years of experience in all phases of litigation. She focuses her practice on complex personal injury cases, including medical malpractice, gas and electric public utility accidents and ski area liability.
Nicole has successfully handled numerous high profile cases securing favorable outcomes for the defense. In her practice, she represents individual hospitals, health systems, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals, as well as local ski areas. She speaks regularly at healthcare organizations and seminars providing physicians and other healthcare providers with training and information on risk management, claims analysis, medical record issues, preventing litigation and the litigation process. She advises several Michigan ski areas with respect to their risk management programs, including drafting and implementation of liability waivers and in accident investigation from a legal standpoint.
- Represented an emergency medicine physician and a hospital in a case where the plaintiff alleged failure to diagnose an ectopic pregnancy. The patient ultimately required surgery due to a ruptured fallopian tube and claimed she was left with a loss of fertility. Through discovery depositions and pre-trial motions, Nicole was successful in discrediting the Plaintiff’s expert’s testimony which resulted in the case being dismissed.